Monday, May 10, 2010

The ZeeGee Experience (Introduction)

I started my new job as Production Intern at ZeeGee Games last week. This opportunity was offered to me as a replacement to the standard Full Sail Final Project experience. Full Sail has asked I track my daily hours and tasks during the internship. I've also been asked to blog about my experiences.

An hours log seems a pretty straightforward affair, but I feel the blog is an interesting opportunity. My only requirement is that I blog once a week and, of course, not break my NDA.

I've purposefully chosen to keep these required posts on my personal, gaming-related blog. After all, this internship does affect me personally and it is within the gaming industry. I could sit down and just write up a list of production techniques and managerial tools I've used at ZeeGee, but that's a report: that's what my hours log is for. Of course everything I'm learning professionally is also important, but if I'm going to blog, I feel like I should add the personal side to it as well.

I can be informative, sure. I can do my job and file my reports. That's the easy part. What it boils down to, really though, is that I can't talk about having a job in the gaming industry without being excited. Or optimistic. Or occasionally being anxious. Or, yes, even temporarily disappointed. I really can't talk about having a job in the gaming industry without being passionate about it. If I'm going to write about this experiment honestly, I think my personal views play an important role as well.

So! I'll let you know what I'm doing and what I'm thinking for the next five months. I'm going to have a great time doing it. I hope you'll enjoy hearing about it.

1 comment: